View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
Lilguy1456
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMD View Post
A lot of " the rkt especially a Babolat hurt my arm" I am a firm believer in technique hurts you more than the rkt. Tennis elbow was around in the wood rkt era, talk about heavy and flexible you certainly were there in the wood age.
I am an above 50 yo player and have used the PDR often since July and on vacations playing 2 to 3 hrs x 7 days and routinely play 5 to 6 hrs a week otherwise, I have had zero elbow issues.
Of course I cross train inluding weights regularly and use very soft string at stiffest champion series with gut in mains at 55 mains and 53 crosses.
So I would not be so quick to castigate the OP and lack of concern for his son( dangerous territory)
A 50+ playing with a PD is one thing, as those guys probably aren't taking as full/aggressive swing as they once were. These guys can finish off their twilight years with a PD and not regret it too much...

On the other hand, a young boy starting his tennis career with a PD and continuing to use it might feel the effects a bit more once he logs in some years...I think that point is pretty well substantiated on these forums...