View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #136
andfor
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC9670 View Post
Aren't these two statements contradictory? They are both early success, no?
Been seeing a lot of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaching32yrs View Post
Pros is different than juniors. It ain't a new division. Obviously he has had professional coaching along the way, Bij etc. Needs 1 pro coach very involved. He may have that now? The USTA should provide it. You still need to be very involved and calling the shots- the USTA is not going to like that. They refused to work together with D Young's parents, USTA wanted control. In my opinion the USTA was wrong and stupid.
I hope you're not blaming DY's path in the pros on the USTA. It is what it is and it's on DY and his parents. They picked his contract based on incentives, instead of the upfront money, they took the 8 or 9 WC's in a row in the beginning when he was 15 in which he lost all of them. It was DY's folks who wanted control. From what I can see they wanted USTA funding without the USTA involvement. Tell me how that's not the case.

I gaving DY the benefit of the doubt all along. With the exception of short-term change, he's always gone back to same way of doing thing, his folks. I've observed very little tennis, physical and emotional athletic growth. He could have used the coaching from another source, they seem to always push that away. I still hold out hope with his young age he can turn it around. But they won't change the way they've been going about things since the beginning, so why should we expect anything different in the future?

Last edited by andfor : 02-10-2013 at 06:28 AM.