View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
Sartorius
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNadal View Post
I've always wondered this. We all know he considers this one of his toughest losses. Considering He always had so much respect for Rafa and he had been on top for so long, not to mention won the title the previous 5 years, should it really have bothered him that much? I think the press was ready to bury him at that point and were salivating over who would be the "next" guy, which is why he reacted the way he did after the AO final the next year. I think he was determined to show he wasn't done yet but maybe even started to question himself after that loss. Thoughts?
What's your point exactly? What do you mean by the loss bothering Fed "so much"? It's not like Federer dragged on for a long time after. He won the USO that year. And of course it's "one of his toughest losses". It was a Wimbledon final. Rain is wet. Posters in this thread so far also have their captain obvious hats on.

It's like asking why was Murray bothered "so much" losing Wimbledon last year, or why did the Soderling loss at RG bothered Nadal, or Rosol last year. Asking the latter would in fact make a little more sense since Nadal actually did drag on after these losses. But the question still would be meaningless.