View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #44
TheCheese
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
I don't have a problem with pulling the arm to the left or pulling it across. But you are saying 'back and to the left'. And I thought we were talking about weight transfer?

I don't agree with pulling anything 'back'. I see fed's body flying forward through the ball and his arm rotating around his body as he does a ww fh.

How can you tell the difference between 'pulling his arm back' and his arm just finishing around the body? Where do you see evidence of an actual pulling 'back'?

Here's the fed sequence. Weight going forward. arm extension forward. ww finish across the body. Oscar's student at the end pulling back. no arm extension since he's pulling back. off balance. Does not look similar.

The difference is that Fed is hitting moving into the court. The guy in Oscar's video is hitting open stance and doesn't use a straight arm, so he doesn't get as much extension.

You can see the pulling back because Fed's forward velocity decreases as he hits the ball. He's moving into the ball, then almost completely stops after hitting it and lands on his back foot, then starts moving forward again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...twpu--0#t=194s

Here are two shots back to back of Federer hitting with a similar stance.

Last edited by TheCheese : 02-10-2013 at 05:27 PM.
TheCheese is offline   Reply With Quote