View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #42
MichaelNadal
Talk Tennis Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeShaun View Post
Why did he make it? I have only implied a possible reason. That he made it before the final only partially allays my suspicions as to the color of his motivation. That's all. I could be completely wrong, but I took the offensive knowing the risk involved. It is generally not good policy to attack other posters, but when you have a strong hunch about something, it is OK not to ignore your gut IMO. If he disagrees with what I said, he can add me to his ignore list or come straight back at me and refute what I said. I am not above taking correction in such events, and I do not seek nor need to have the final say.

When defining a subject, I was taught to set forward its essential attributes and to avoid at all costs using examples of that subject, because from its genus a species inherits every property of the genus, but the genus does not have every property belonging to all of the species that it encompasses. If ever forced to use an example in defining a subject, I was taught to settle for no less than a superlative example, one that beyond any doubt bests illustrates the subject. For me, the superlative example of Roger taking a loss hard was 09 OZ where his tears gushed. And so, on a Spiderman level I detected something was amiss when I read this thread title.
Haha whoaaa tiger slow down. I made this before the final even started and if you knew my posting history, you'd know I'm also a Federer fan. I guess to me it was just surprising because I do believe he genuinely likes Rafa and he was the 5x defending champion when he lost. Like the next year when he beat Roddick and said his loss the previous year was tough and he understands, and Roddick was like, "yeah right you already had 5" lol, I sort of agree I guess. Not knocking him at all bc I like Fed. Was being serious with this topic.