View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #55
Indio
Rookie

Fed04-06: You love how I cite numbers?? I love how you ignore the more relevant ones and focus on those that you think you can re-shape to bolster your weak case. What's with all the attention on Roddick's and GI's clay court results? The clay court action was the least important part of my comparison. My interest in GI as an opponent for Sampras has little to do with clay-court results--you know as well as I do that the likelihood of them having met in a late round at the French was remote at best. And I love how you claim that AR's good results in Rome were flukes. Naturally, GI's successes on clay were all well-earned victories. If you want to prove (and I do mean prove, not offer up one unsubstantiated opinion after another), that GI was better than the stats suggest, turn your attention to his mediocre hard-court record.
Speaking of idiotic statements, your claim that GI would have won more tournaments had Sampras and Agassi not been around is a classic. Do I have to explain it to you, or can you work it out for yourself?
If you believe there are some valid points to be made by examining details of various players' careers, do not ask me to look up the information and present it. YOU DO IT.
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote