View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #49
DragonBlaze
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Champ View Post
You assumed he made this thread because you thought he was mad that Rafa lost in Chile. Fact: he made the thread before the finals in Chile, which proves you were wrong. The OP is not *** (a notorious Fed basher) therefore, one should read his thread without malice.

On your second paragraph: I'm not a native speaker and obviously not as eloquent as you are, but you have flouted several maxims in Gricean's efficient way of communication.

Truth to be told with regards to this bowl of soup, with assurances required from my vast experience of world cuisines, the cardamom gives it an extra edge. I can also detect the presence of vinegar which enhances the mixture of garlic and wild onions. The abundance of salt however overwhelms the teaspoon of honey in the additives. I would prefer it to be cooked on a pre-heated oven on a very low temperature that will gradually rise to maximum limit of 90 degrees celsius. It should be served immediately. Sorry, all I wanted to say was: That damned soup was too salty and too cold for my liking.
How is it that a non-native speaker knows about Gricean maxims? Do tell

GOATworthy post Champ
DragonBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote