View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
matchmaker
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDiego View Post
I just ordered a used C10 Pro raquet from TW (2010, all Yellow).

I'm a six one 95 user, but find the racquet a bit too stiff for my arm, particularly when volleying a lot. So I bought the C10 Pro based on many reviewers praising its comfort.

The problem is the flex rating goes from 59, 63 and even 65 depending on which site you look at. (65 is from TW lab.)

My 6.1 95 is listed as 66-68 (again, according to different sources), so I'm wondering what to expect from the C10 Pro when I get it. And yeah, I know, I should wait to get it and see for myself... but I've heard some much praise for the flex and comfort of this racquet, and I can't imagine that a 3-4 flex rating difference can make such a difference.

Anyone who tried both racquets (or just the C10 Pro) car to weigh in? Thanks.
This is in the wrong forum, but don't worry, the C10 Pro is a very comfy and flexy racquet. I believe it's official flex is 63, the 65 is probably unstrung. But it really plays much more flexy than 63. The flex rating just says how much a racquet flexes in absolute terms. It does not say where. That's why I do not believe in using RA as absolute flex markers. They do give a pretty good indication in order to know whether a racquet will be rather stiff or rather flexy, but the perceived flex can be easily 3 or 4 points lower or higher than the actual RA rating flex.

I find this to hold true especially in the category between 60 and 65. I have played with 61 RA racquets that feel rather stiff and 63 RA racquets that feel very flexible. C10 pro is one of the latter.