View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #12
Nostradamus
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKB View Post
I am rare poster here, but follow college tennis and UVA tennis closely. UVA will finally win the NCAA's as well. USC has owned us for 4 years, although we played them close a couple of times, but with Steve Johnson and Daniel Nguyen gone, USC is not nearly as good. I think only OSU has any chance to beat us and Rola and Kobelt have to win for that to happen.

We have four legit top ten players in Domijan currently tied for #2, Jenkins #4, Styslinger #7 and Mitchell Frank (#2 after end of 2011 season) who is now healthy after a knee injury prevented him from playing in the fall season. Freshman Ryan Shane (Justin's younger brother) is ranked #22.

We have three different outdoor All American and/or National indoor individual title winners in Domijan, Frank, and Jenkins. No other top 10 team has even one such player. Ryan Shane will likely play 5 and Justin Shane 6. Last year's #6 Julen Uriguen probably will be listed at 7 or 8 along with freshman Harrison Richmond.

I seriously doubt any college team has ever had 4 top 10 players on one team. Does anyone know if this is true? I know it has not happened in the last ten years.

I predict four UVA wins each by 4-0 scores, but we conceivably could lose a doubles point, even though we do have three doubles teams ranked in the top 10.

Anyone care to dispute this bold prediction?
I look to cardinal to upset Virginia in quarterfinals.