View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #14
DaveKB
Rookie

I am 1969hoo on the Sabre and I love that website. I posted pretty much the same thing there.

I have not seen Ryan Shane or Mac Styslinger play yet, but based on some who have, they both have big games and are very talented. There are some other very good teams this year, but I remain convinced that this year we are just way better than any of them. I freely admit that we were not nearly this good in the last 4/5 years.

Also, it helps that USC's Steve Johnson is no longer around to ruin our seasons. He is now ranked 154 and moving up. I think can reach the top 50 and maybe even higher. I am going to the NCAA's for the 6th straight year and I have never been this optimistic about our chances. You should try to make the trip to Urbana. It is a great event, as long as your team stays alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakes On A Plane View Post
Glad to have another UVa poster on here. Some of us Hoo fans on here, also frequently post on the Sabre (I'm Hoosbro on there). You should think about checking out that site too.

I like your prediction, but I just can't see it playing out this smoothly.

I think Domo, J, and Mitchell make one of the best top 3's in recent history. Justin Shane at #5 or #6 is great and I think Mac will look good at #4 and hopefully be successful, but I think it is way too early to instill a ton of confidence in Ryan Shane.

Consistent and reliable doubles pairings may also take a bit longer to develop.

One other main point I want to make is that by the time May rolls around, there are going to be numerous teams that have pieced together top-notch lineups and are ready to roll. UCLA, Ohio State, Pepperdine, Duke, and USC are 5 teams I think may have the ability to beat us. We will probably have to go through 2 of these teams in the tournament.

I love this team and the talent we have, but a lot of factors go into winning a title. I just hope we peak and can control all these factors come May.

Keep posting!
DaveKB is online now   Reply With Quote