View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #716
ChicagoJack
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3391 View Post
Have you ever hated anything? Have you lied that you didn't? I don't lie. My point is that Wilson has a heritage that emotionally gets to me, all the great hero's, Pete, Roger, etc. I'm sorry that I don't lie to you, but yea that's how I FEEL, sorry, but Babs to me are mechanical pieces of graphite without any venerableness.
Mick,

OY. Perhaps I might offer you a quick geography lesson.

1. Emotional connections and feelings are located within you. These feelings are internal.

2. Over where the racquet is, you will find nothing but graphite, paint, and string.

3. I invite you to consider that what you are doing is assigning internal feelings to external objects. You are then behaving like the objects themselves have caused those feelings and meanings.

4. Your notion here seems to be that Babolat racquets are a proxy for all you think is wrong with the modern game, lacking a reverence for the past. That's your deal, you made that up. The racquet is just paint, graphite and string. If you dont like what you have made that graphite, paint and string mean, just make it mean something else, because it's all just pure invention anyways.

-Jack

Last edited by ChicagoJack : 02-14-2013 at 01:40 PM.
ChicagoJack is offline   Reply With Quote