View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #322
jmnk
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1Coach View Post
[..]

He learned a tough one in Mexico the guy he was playing double faulted match point ,everybody started clapping ,both players started walking forward only to have the ref overrule , DB began arguing with the ref and had and exchange where he fronted the other player up and look to throw blows with him for taunting him over the call then came out in the 3 rd crushing the ball and lost the match , 7 5 in the 3rd ,"anger" and power don't mix , to add insult to injury the other guy went on to win the tourney ,he was able to see this guy had no fear of him like most jrs do on court.

This i heard from the coach who was with him down there ,kinda funny to me but the other coach said had he got through he was home free and these are the lessons I hope don't have to be learned over and over and will be good .
do they have different scoring system in Mexico? According to ITF site the score was 5-7 6-3 5-7 (btw. good result, very close match). Given that score - how is it possible to have a match point, lose it, --and-- "then came out in the 3 rd crushing the ball and lost the match , 7 5 in the 3rd"??