View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #338
Number1Coach
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaching32yrs View Post
I really did not see that from him when he played Peliwo. Maybe he wasn't confident playing the best player in the field, a much older player. What I saw from him was typical of a top junior. Hit hard in spots, make every ball, play offense sometimes. No clear consistent pattern of attack and game plan to win the match. Like I say all the time to my kids: your are not playing tennis you are hitting a ball back and forth. Tennis means thinking, tactics, strategy, and most important- adjustments. By the time my players adjust- they have already lost the match. He needs a clear concise pro level game plan for every match.
well one of the things I have learned about tennis is to watch a player over at least 4 to 6 matches before I make and judgement on him and how he plays , somethings will show right away , the way he hits , his favorite weapon ,ect but styles of players sometimes shut a player down , Peliwo ,the moment may have played a part, next big stage OB played extremely aggressive hugged the baseline over powered players , will just have to see what happens but if your here in Ca would love you to bring over this player you have that hits big and see how he does against your player who was taught by you , maybe we can learn something ?