View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #107
tennis tom
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega4 View Post
The real question is why do you continue to "play with him on numerous occasions at the club" when you "know he makes bad calls" on purpose?

Treat the cheater like the pariah he is - ignore him and don't play tennis with him.
I'm liberal, I'll play with anyone who calls me, treat it as practice. I educate him like yesterday and observe if there's any "human" evolution occurring. He's pretty much the norm at club/rec level, combinations of poor eyesight, wishful thinking, merlot or chardonay the night before. If you're too picky there's not gonna' be much out there to practice with. For real tennis, I sign up for a Senior Age Group tournament, just played three of them.

Anti-social psychopathic cheaters like the OP was talking about are fairly rare, they're the ones you have to cheat-back--that they understand. They count on opponent's being timid and not calling them on it. I think they relish the control they feel when opponents go along with their agenda--like politicians and all other egomaniacs.