View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #53
uk_skippy
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by diredesire View Post
We delegated the booking in, but we have to do the majority of the string removal. Paul, I was actually curious what the standard is on a tour event for string removal, are the stringers responsible for this? My fingers are getting pretty cut up from yanking the strings out. I generally pop on some athletic tape on the affected areas (and you'll probably see this if/when I get another chance to stream. We don't stencil nor bag. We have it relatively easy, I think.

As far as a status update, I didn't sleep last night I'm also stringing abnormally slow this tournament -- I would guess I'm averaging between 3-4/ hour, but much closer to 3 than 4. Normally I'm in the 4 range.
DD as far as removing string goes it will depend on the tournament level. With futures & challengers here in the UK, stringers do everything - book in, remove strings, string, stencil, bag & collect money. With ATP/WTA events there's usually staff for booking in, and they may also help cut out strings, stencil and bag; but stringers may also do some of this work. At Wimby stringers pretty much just string, with other staff sorting out the rest of the work; and the French Open is very similar.

During the Nottingham Challengers prior to Wimbledon (and is a mens/womens event with 2 separate event on consecutive weeks) we string nearly 500 rqts between just the 2 of us, and we do everything else as well.

I admire your speed. At a constant speed I look to do 3 per hour over a sustained period of time. Chances are I'd probably do 10 in 3 hours. Obviously timings can depend on rqts & strings.

Oh, nice idea for the streaming. Ionly be viewing some of the vids.

Regards

Paul