Thread: jersey34tennis
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #26
LanEvo
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via AIM to LanEvo Send a message via Yahoo to LanEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand View Post
How difficult is it to label a package correctly and respond to your buyer's WTF? emails?

Sorry, we have heard the package bounced lie about a million times around here so forgive us if we are skeptical about such claims. I have shipped hundreds of rackets (and other items) and never once bounced a package. Not that hard to get it right. The only bounced package I ever had racket-wise was on the receiving end because the idiot seller tried to ship parcel post in a priority box and shorted the postage by several dollars. He lied to me blaming the delay on USPS. Took two weeks+ to get the racket and he was local.

At least, you finally shipped, the buyer got his racket, apologies, etc. I think the buyer was very reasonable under the circumstances.
Try shipping on time and answering your buyers emails in a timely manner and you won't have these sorts of threads in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand View Post
Oh course, if he had taken two weeks to get your racket to you and ignored all your emails asking about status, and used the lame "the package bounced" excuse (no tracking number by the way), you would have a much different opinion.

If you can take someone's money on time, you can ship on time. Doesn't have to be the next day, but within two or three business days is the norm. And send the tracking number and answer the poor guy's email. How hard is that? How long does that take? Jerking people around is not the way to operate.
Not to start anything, and yes the getting sent back to you can be a lame excuse, but also true. I have had it happen a few times, granted it never took that long to get back to the buyer. But I have had a couple packages get sent back to me, I don't know why as I have labeled it correctly and all, but I just redrop it off at the PO and it gets there fine the second time.