View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #24
FrisbeeFool
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by isilra View Post
Djokovic still claims that he uses his wrist consciously in his strokes but videos shows that the wrist movement is unconscious. Djokovic might be arguably the best player in the world now but i'm pretty sure there are many people in this forum that knows djokovic's stroke mechanisms better than him. We all write here, spend our times because we are the people that willing to improve and learn. Most teaching pros are teaching pros just because they are better players than you, not because they know it better than you. I mean how many of teaching pros can know the difference between an ATP and WTA stroke better than Tricky ? Or how many of them can analyse Federer's slingshot better than him ? I'm pretty sure %99 of them don't even realize ATP and WTA games are different, they have no idea what a backswing pronation about. How many of tennis instruction videos that you have seen on youtube tells you about the kinetic chain or SSC ? They tell the same things over and over, take the ball in front, finish with a WW followthrough, lock the wrist back etc. because most of them doesn't have a clue about what makes a forehand modern and the most important, they don't feel the need to improve.
Lol. Quote of the day! Is this a clever parody of all the message board "modern tennis" pablum, or are you being serious? I think you're actually serious, and it makes me laugh.

Last edited by FrisbeeFool : 02-16-2013 at 10:27 PM.
FrisbeeFool is offline   Reply With Quote