View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #15
TTMR
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex78 View Post
Completely regardless of having the right to use the court, you didn't to the right thing in my opinion - trying to make a point and quarelling with another adult in front of the kids. Doesn't seem like class to me.
But anyway you look at it, the kids definitely learned something here, just like SteveB wrote. And by that I don't mean they learned from watching you playing tennis.
Tennis courts are a scarce commodity. I don't live in a city with a nice, usable tennis court in every neighbourhood. There have to be measures taken to ensure the greatest benefit for the greatest number of players. One guy hoarding the courts so he can teach children methods that will handicap their tennis for life--for money, I might add--is a misallocation of a scarce public resource.

Maybe I should have simply relented for the sake of the children, but then this guy would have persisted. I stood up against this abusive practice, and I'd do it again. I probably did him a favour. Other people might not have been as charitable about seizing the court as I was.