View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #19
TTMR
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
Oh, let's get over ourselves, shall we?

Some guy was letting a bunch of kids run around and swing at tennis balls. The kids got some fresh air and exercise, and their parents got them off the couch. Just because it's not the Bolliteri academy doesn't make it worthless, especially since you don't know what the parents were paying.
If parents want their kids running around swinging haphazardly at tennis balls, they can use one of the pothole-laden courts I mentioned in the original post. It won't affect their game, since their goal is mere exercise and fresh air, rather than tennis per se. Decent public courts are a rarity here. If people genuinely trying to play the game are unable to use them, or cannot afford the outrageous club fees (and good luck getting a court at a club if you have a M-F, 9-5ish job), then they have no choice but to give up on the game. Sometimes, decisions have to be made for the good of the tennis-playing community at large. I'm just one person, but I made a difference that day.

Quote:
If you're just a rec player, then let's remember that you're just a rec player. And if you're a rec player, by definition you stink at tennis.
So anyone who doesn't belong to a club sucks at tennis? It's good to see that elitist snobbery the public associates tennis and tennis clubs with is alive and well.