View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #102
jmnk
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERVOLLEY View Post
All so amusing.

You avoided the following before, so I will reiterate:

Try explaining why Safina, Jankovic and Wozniacki were all criticized while holding the #1 ranking. What other reason posessed Federer to make negative statements about a player holding the #1 ranking who had not claimed a major--that player being Jankovic?
they were criticized, and rightfully so, for not being able to win a Slam in otherwise excellent season. So? If Wozniacki won a Slam in 2010 or 2011 it would have been a season for the ages. Without a Slam those two seasons are merely very, very good. What's your point?

Plus neither of those players are from US. It was simply very convenient to criticize those players.

Plus if Federer or a governing body feels it is unfair for a player to hold #1 ranking without a Major win - then perhaps they should do something about it. Like make a rule that you can't be #1 without a Slam. Until than - you get #1 ranking for having the most points - and rightfully so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERVOLLEY View Post
There's nowhere to run: no one sees a major-free career as anything significant at present, or in the annals of tennis history.

Never will you find such an empty career celebrated as anything above someone who lived up to the central task of a professional tennis player.
I'm still waiting - could you rank those four players I presented stats of?
jmnk is offline   Reply With Quote