View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #32
Tennis_Hands
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post

Do you know how boring your snide comments have gotten? .
I am sure, that they seem boring/snide to you, because you are one unbiased and fair poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Have you heard of hindsight? You're using it. Don't do it. Nadal was an 18 year old who had never won a major when he beat Coria in the 2005 Rome final. At the time of the 2006 Rome final, Federer had 7 majors to Nadal's 1, and it was only their third match on a clay-court.
In 2003 Nadal beat the reigning champion of RG Alert Costa at the tournament in Monte Carlo and 1998 RG champion Carlos Moya in Hamburg. By the matches you mention, he was an established claycourt player (reflected by his claycourt record, ranking and place in the Spanish Davis Cup team).

So, I am not using a hindsight, and you, trying to show how much of a non-factor Nadal was on clay, just to boost his image as a mental giant in those particular instances, is laughable.

I particularly enjoyed your "At the time of the 2006 Rome final, Federer had 7 majors to Nadal's 1" and " it was only their third match on a clay-court", having in mind, that none of those 7 Majors was on clay, Federer had won none of their matches on clay and Nadal was firmly established clay-court force by then. Forget the fact, that the unfavourable match-up was already evident (leading the H2H) .

All in all, the way you use your "knowledge", to support your bias, is comical.