View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
maxpotapov
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackofalltrades View Post
I tried several softer multi setups en 'soft poly/multi' setups. Depending on brand/gauge it lasted 1-6 hours for my daughter (14, top 25 ranked for her age in our country).

She plays 8-10 hours a week; the ideal stringbed would last a week minimum. Durability, control and reasonable soft (she just starts to grow) are the keywords.
Main brands available overhere: Wilson, Prince, Head, Babolat, Yonex, Luxilon and Technifibre

I've been suggested:
- Rip Control 16
- Technifibre Duramix 16 or 15L
- Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 / Xcel 16
- Tecnifibre 17 / Prince Syn Gut Duraflex 16

Any recommendations or better options?
There is no poly that will last 8-10 hours, elasticity wise. Considering that you are based in Europe, Dunlop Black Widow would be the best choice of all poly mains in terms of cost/performance (it's really cheap there). But please cut it out after 5-6 hours to avoid health issues, like with any other poly.

For my daughter I would use natural gut/synthetic gut hybrids and then switch to poly crosses in due time. After all, this is the champions choice for both ATP and WTA tours. Depending on technique, can be more cost effective than poly/syn gut hybrids. Full multi is not even an option for hard hitting junior, neither for durability, nor for performance reasons. Just not enough movement/snap back by today's standards.

Last edited by maxpotapov : 02-18-2013 at 05:48 AM.
maxpotapov is offline   Reply With Quote