Thread: Mick Diary
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Mick3391
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeback View Post
Hi Mick, Congratulations man... on spending time with your son and teaching him the great game of tennis..Soccer is a great suggestion by luvforty to get his feet moving or basketball. Any team sport where peer pressure will make your son move more. The best time of my life was teaching my son who made his college team but quit to go ROTC Marines,,He is now a Marine Corps Captain.But we still knock heads in singles when he's home..One hard piece of advice i had to learn was not to push my son too much..Sometimes let him go for a while and hope they come back
Thanks for the info. Yea I don't want to push him, want him to want it, and he just doesn't like any other sports.

We do alot of different drills, that's not it, and I'm not that worried about it, I think he'll grow out of it, but yea I tell him to move, that is be ready the second I hit the ball, many times he waits until it gets over, and by then it's too late.

He is just adapting I hope to being ready, this is all new to him. Then again, sometimes he books it, is ready, alert, so while frustrating I do think he'll come out of it.