View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
Mauvaise
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R_B View Post
I agree. People who are afraid they're not going to play haven't played USTA tennis. Every captain needs every person on their roster. Obviously, some people play more than others, but everyone on my team who is available a reasonable number of weeks gets into at least 4 matches in a 10 match schedule.
In our current season, we have 15 matches and I have (12) people on the team. Everyone is playing at least 10 matches, except for 1 or 2 people whose travel schedules have turned out worse than they expected.

I have tried to arrange that the stronger people are always in the line up when we play the stronger teams in our flight and that certain people may have more singles play than others who requested singles, but that's about the extent of my "unfairness". Heck, I probably won't even play any singles this season (and I *like* singles) as I'm probably 4 or 5th on the list in terms of strength.

I will say, that planning the line up was a lot easier when I didn't really care about trying to make play-offs/sectionals