View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #54
Rabbit
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venetian View Post
Why do companies make "softer" poly strings? I'll give you three reasons.

1. Because some people like a softer feeling string. Not having anything to do with injury prevention.

2. They market them to people who already have arm issues and still want to play with poly.

3. Because people believe without sufficient evidence that poly is harmful, and their marketing department has found a way to sell them a product.
I have a little different take on it. When I played with Timo, I hated the feel, but loved the results. It let me put the ball on a dime. But there was a trade off, my arm was just plain dead after about a year. So, for me, the newer, softer polys are more of a choice for me because I don't want arm issues.

The way I look at it, the new generation of polys, the very one Lux is trying to catch up to, give you the feel of a synthetic along with the performance of a poly. They don't quite match up performance-wise, but the newer polys like Spin Cycle, TB, and a plethora of others tend to give you the best of both worlds. The new polys have plenty of pop, control, and spin; almost as much pop as a syngut. They lack a little on durability, but hey....I'll take that.