View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #25
omega4
Rookie

No, I've been working on it my whole life. But I must admit it takes a lot of practice to tell people what I think they need to hear, not what they want to hear.

If there's dissension in the ranks, despite the fact that everyone bought into your vision of getting to nationals, then you're failing as a leader. Some of the team has lost faith in your decision making and are responding accordingly. This isn't a personal knock against you. No one is perfect.

But your response to my post only serves as evidence that you tend to react emotionally and take things personally. You've mistaken my disagreeing with you in a previous thread (and this one) as an "attack" when I was simply stating my opinion (which you solicited from a public forum at large).

I don't think reacting emotionally and taking things personally are hallmark traits of great (or even good) captains and leaders. The ability to see things as they are and to take (and reject) criticism objectively without lashing out instinctively are just a couple of traits that great leaders share, among others.

No, we haven't met. But if we did, I wouldn't let our disagreement on forum topics stop me from having a beer with you or becoming your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinamerica View Post
Geez, were you born an A-hole or have you been working on it your whole life?

Maybe I am a bad captain. Although, it is kind of hard to justify pulling yourself from a playoff lineup when you are one of the top 3 players. I find that detrimental to the team. I am not a captain who makes a team so I have a place to play; I put teams to together to make a run at nationals. Teams like mine attract better players but at the same time bigger egos.

Everyone bought into my vision on getting to nationals; it is the irrational visions of their own games that cause friction. Some people think they will magically become mentally tough come playoffs when they choked matches in regular season matches.

I take it you are one of those who win 2/3rds of your matches but think you still deserve a playoff slot. This is not the first time you have attacked something I said. You don't like how I handle cheaters and now you don't like how I captain... Strangely, I doubt we have ever met; if we have, I can't imagine I liked you.

Last edited by omega4 : 02-18-2013 at 07:39 PM.
omega4 is offline   Reply With Quote