View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #29
lostinamerica
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega4 View Post
No, I've been working on it my whole life. But I must admit it takes a lot of practice to tell people what I think they need to hear, not what they want to hear.

If there's dissension in the ranks, despite the fact that everyone bought into your vision of getting to nationals, then you're failing as a leader. Some of the team has lost faith in your decision making and are responding accordingly. This isn't a personal knock against you. No one is perfect.

But your response to my post only serves as evidence that you tend to react emotionally and take things personally. You've mistaken my disagreeing with you in a previous thread (and this one) as an "attack" when I was simply stating my opinion (which you solicited from a public forum at large).

I don't think reacting emotionally and taking things personally are hallmark traits of great (or even good) captains and leaders. The ability to see things as they are and to take (and reject) criticism objectively without lashing out instinctively are just a couple of traits that great leaders share, among others.

No, we haven't met. But if we did, I wouldn't let our disagreement on forum topics stop me from having a beer with you or becoming your friend.
Lol!!! You are a riot. Are you sure you are not one of the deluded people that lose important matches on my roster who then think given one more chance you can finally win one?

I read your drivel and wondered if you believe your own tripe. At first reading, I thought you were serious but then realized it was just meant to be funny. I appreciate the obvious sarcasm. I just can't believe I missed it at first reading.

Once again, thanks for the laugh.