View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #26
chatt_town
Hall Of Fame

It is friendly most of the time, but just like with anything else, it has it's ugly sides. I think the reason the this team even forfeited the team is because it got done to them. The problem I had with Alta is they should stand behind their rules regardless as to who it may effect....or get rid of the rule. I think it's silly to forfeit all the lines anyway if one court is late. Again, this was a playoffs They do some under handed stuff that I won't really get into only because you really can't prove a lot of it but you can see what is going on a lot of times.

If I say something here about them, there is proof that it has happened. I still prefer it over USTA although I wished the would find a way to include singles, but I still like it over USTA. They at least don't try to beat you out of as much money as USTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega4 View Post
I was told that ALTA was supposed to be friendly, laid-back socializing league doubles. Is that not the case?

Or are you describing an example of the exception, rather than the rule, with your story about a team exercising undue influence with ALTA officials and the other team threatening to involve the media?
chatt_town is offline   Reply With Quote