View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #30
heycal
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixftlion View Post
I love Pete Egoscue's stuff. I read his books long time ago, tried many exercises in my training and eventually adopted some of it into my style. The majority of my clients get great relief with some of the simple exercises, too.

PostureGuy is correct that a lot of the "born with" stuff is just something that was very mild sometimes long time ago and that with time and incorrect movement grew into something huge. It's never too late to start correcting things. It can take longer if the person has had the problem for long time, but any improvement is better than nothing. Patience and discipline to do the work is the key. Sometimes people give up way too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posture Guy View Post
One piece of advice: if you're doing stuff from the book, do the exercises in order. Don't treat them as a 'buffet'. One sets you up for the next, etc... They're not just thrown together, but have a method to their madness, so to speak.

Are there a few key exercises you folks can recommend for a 50 year old guy suffering from low back pain for about a year? Any specific do's and dont's?
heycal is offline   Reply With Quote