View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #12
NickC
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
You're going to speak about class when you're accusing another person of his sexual orientation in a negative manner? Yeah Ok.
You obviously mis-interpreted my post.

I have no problems with the fact that Ronaldo probably is gay. Nor with gay people (FWIW the best boss I've ever had was flamboyantly gay and one of the chillest dudes I've ever met). But a lot of people DO have problems with gays and bisexuals, and some of those people are probably worth lots of money and have a lot of power in large companies who sponsor athletes. It would be a big boon to a company such as Nike have their most marketable footballer come out as gay in this day and age, as sad as it is to say. Ronnie coming out would probably be more meaningful in a positive way than anything he's ever done on the pitch, which is saying a lot, especially considering he's the second best player on the planet right now and he's been in the top 2 for the past 7 years or so. If I was a manager of a football team and I had money to make any signing I wanted, I'd sign Ronaldo without hesitation. He's an unbelievable player.

Jeter is class because he acts with class on the field - he doesn't act like a bad-boy, doesn't get into arguements with his manager, the opposing team, or the umpire, shuts his mouth and puts up numbers (which is what he's paid to do) and off the field - he takes no BS from the New York media, never was in the paper for the wrong reasons (partying too hard, etc..), donates a good amount of money to charitable causes and is a mainstay at various charitable events in the Tri-State area. He keeps his mouth shut, works hard, serves as a good role model and mentor to younger players, and delivers the goods he's paid for. He doesn't act like a spoilt child, doesn't use the media to call out teammates publically and doesn't get into hissy-fit games of he-said-she-said like some athletes do these days. I.E, he has class, so he is class.