View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #35
tennis4
Rookie

So the resulting tension is most likely determined by the pace the tension head is turned? And I shouldn't worry much about the time between the tension head is locked and the string is clamped?

I ask this because sometime it takes me a second or two longer to clamp the string. I've tried to be consistent in both turning the tension head and clamping the string, but the latter part probably will need some more practice first.

I used an electronic scale when calibrating the machine last night. The tension peaked when the tension head was locked, then started decreasing. The read out became constant after 4-5 seconds.

Because of this, I wonder when I clamp the string might contribute to the final tension I will get, don't know if I worry too much or simply not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvin View Post
I don't think so. When you turn the crank you will go from 0 lbs of tension to whatever tension you have set on the lockout. The longer it takes the tensioner to lockout the longer the string is stretched. At lockout your tension is set. What you are explaining is how a CP tensioner works. There is a distinct difference.

If you only pull one time with the crank you will end up with a lower tension than the reference tension. The difference between what a lockout does and what a constant pull does is very noticeable as you can attest.
tennis4 is offline   Reply With Quote