View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #52
Brian11785
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford T Justice View Post
Oh man....I could join you in that thread.

In the reverse, I cant tell you how many times Ive come out slow and lost the first set badly, only to win the next two more easily. I always ask myself, "why didnt you just do what you did in the last two sets starting one set earlier?" LOL

Of course, Ive also had some where Ive come out slow in the first set....and just stayed that way
Things just need time to click sometimes.

That first match was a weird one. After the first set, the guy switched racquets and I think that helped. And we were playing on this CRAZY-fast court (some city court that we went to because a tree had fallen on his homeowner's association court, which we only went to because my courts were flooded from the morning's rain lol.) Which was really fun to play on, but the guy had a better serve than mine, and it really helped him down the stretch.

Jerry and Nick were the other two guys that were good (Nick being the guy I mentioned playing with outside leagues that also requested to be moved up.) Everyone else, I beat (or should have) beaten pretty easily. That first set against Todd was a choke-joke.
Brian11785 is offline   Reply With Quote