View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Torres
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDiego View Post
I've been using the two frames for the past two months, and just can't decide which one I like most. Please help me figure out the pros and cons. Here's what I noticed about the new one (Amplifeel, 16x1:

-It has a bit narrower head, and slightly better control.
-The static and swingweight are the same, but feels different. It feels lighter than the BLX when you hold it in your hand, but not that much when playing.
-Wilson put less weight in the throat of this racquet. That explains the impression of lower swingweight, but it also makes for a less solid (stable) stick than the BLX. Especially at net on hard passing shots, and when returning heavy serves.
-It has a bit less spin potential than the BLX, but amazing control. That is by far it's best attribute.
-Power is pretty much the same with both racquets -- a lot.
I think you're getting a bit confused. The mold, head shape, drill patterns, specs, spin, control, power etc between the 2010 and the 2012 6.1 95s are exactly the same

What you're probably noticing are differences in factory specs, which Wilson are notorious for. I've owned probably eight or nine 2010/2012 6.1 95s, and there can be massive differences between the same 'model' of racquet. I've seen 7g weight differences between the same model, 3-4 point balance differences, and that's even before we even get into different distributions of mass.

That said, the 2010 and 2012 models do 'feel' different in terms of construction and feedback. The 2012 feels more 'direct' in terms of feedback, the 2010, more 'diffuse', though neither feel uncomfortable. As to which one you prefer, its just a matter of personal preference.

Last edited by Torres : 02-21-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Torres is offline   Reply With Quote