Thread: Gamma X-2 Video
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
berima
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 View Post
Great quality on the video! What did you record with? Everything looks pretty clear throughout the whole video. Isn't it a bit too low for you to string on though?
Recorded it with a Canon T3i w/ a Sigma 30mm f1/4 lens.

Yes the machine is a bit low, but since I am at my college apartment, it was the only place I had where I could rotate the racquet freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel_101 View Post
I actually tried it without the support adapters when I first started out, as they didn't seem to do anything when mounting racquetball racquets. But after some comments from others, I try to use them when I can.

Gamma Tech said in a previous reply that ..

Use the largest (i.e. tallest) spacer (i.e. load spreader) available that doesn't touch the grommets or block the grommet holes. It spreads the load vertically and also prevents the racquet from accidentally popping off the mount.

Since your video was showing people how to string using the X-2, it might be good to include the support adapters being installed.

Anyways, to each his own and how they want to string to get the best results possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosegroove View Post
Yeah, use the support adapters people. If it was better to use only the poles, why would they even have made the adapters in the first place? The poles alone don't support the frame over a large enough surface area. I've seen a few rackets that have indents/cracks in the finish in the middle of the head and throat due to incorrect mounting like this.
Okay, well I made a note in the video. I will use them next time.
berima is offline   Reply With Quote