Thread: Weird stringer
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #39
zapvor
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers4Life View Post
They are not as good quality as the Xcelite (light blue handled) set I got from Fry's. You almost have to pick through the packages to find a good set, I've found the grindings to be different on all of the sets. I don't use the cutters as much, as I use other cutters instead, like:
[IMG]http://i35

ZAPVOR, do you work at a Sprot Chalet? You sound like a stringer I know a store near me. If you don't work directly under the "other stringer" but work together, you should always confirm with management. Since you are the younger they will always assume you don't know more than they do. I don't know what the deal is with the tools, but you should always have your own set to work with and you are comfortable using, especially if you are sharing the machine. When racket load is low, and don't have anything else to do, clean your machine. That will show management you are maintaining thier equipment, which I suspect the other guy does not do. I agree with DD, that some stringers think of thier work as just a job, and others like most of us here, take pride in our work.
good points. thank you for your input.

no i work at a HUGE 15 court facility with a pro shop attached.