View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #59
pennc94
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakPoint View Post
But why would anyone need one? If you don't think that getting hit in the face with a hammer is any different than getting hit in the face with a feather, then there really isn't that much else to say.

So I guess getting kicked in the balls doesn't really hurt either? Because I've never seen a scientific study that tells me it's supposed to hurt? And as you know, without scientific studies, we don't know right from wrong, up from down, nor left from right.

BTW: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/lc/s...reference.html
A hammer in the face or a kick to the groin have no confounding factors. The confounding factors in a tennis stroke include technique, biomechanics, the racquet itself, the individual's arm, overuse, etc. Your examples are too simplistic. Your examples fail if you add confounding factors. A kick to the groin of an individual wearing a steel cup may not injure that individual.

Nobody is trying to convince you about poly safety. All that is being said is that you have no objective evidence to prove that polyester strings cause injury. Your anecdotal stories or links to web logs are insufficient.
pennc94 is offline   Reply With Quote