View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #44
rmccarty
New User

Thank you for your advise Muppet! I checked your link and the Prince o3 Red. (Actually, I have been on the TW "used rackets" and "sale rackets" pages numerous times over the past 2 weeks.) The Red seems like a nice beginner racket but is heavier than what she would like. Recently she tried some air swings with a Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.3; weighing in at a mere 9.0 oz - strung. She loved that thing! She tried to get me to buy it but I would not b/c I had not researched it. I'm leaning in the direction of the Hyper Hammer 5.3 if I can find one used at a very good price as well as several other potential lite rackets. I have a spreadsheet with racket data. I have selected several that I think she will like based on weight and few other factors.

What I am most confused about is this: forum members have recommended roughly a dozen different rackets to me. I am grateful for all of the advise. I do not understand it. I don't know why racket "a" and "b" were recommended and not "c" and "d". Looking at the specs of some of these rackets shows they are not considered beginner rackets.

Most people that posted recommendations have probably moved on to other threads. I'm hoping I'll get some folks who will tell me why racket "a" was their choice.

Let the details begin...
rmccarty is offline   Reply With Quote