View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #571
Number1Coach
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaching32yrs View Post
Tough to say. I am not an expert on ITF's. However, I have seen the #1 ITF in the world play a few years ago and it was like, you have to be kidding me. He was weak. Collinari from Argentina or US, depending which week it is, dismantled him. I saw Schneider play an incredibly tough ITF player from Japan, lefty, trains at IMG who was not top 10. Guy played unbelievable defense. You can't put 100% faith in the ITF rankings because guys travel a lot and "buy" points. When Sock won US Open juniors I don't think he even had an ITF ranking! He and Kudla were clearly the class of the field that year. I will go on record and make a prediction: Sock will be higher ranked than Harrison in a couple years. Sock has the big weapon- the forehand. Harrison is really great and I love his game- but he doesn't have the big weapon off the ground. As far as TCF's theory: the thing is you have to look at the data first than come up with the theory. You cannot have the theory than look for the data to back it up- because you are looking at the data with bias. I learned this 46 years ago in Sociology 101.
There is no difference on the "level" of the top 10 US ranked players and the top 10 ITf players , the only difference I saw was they for the most are all planning on going pro so their "mindset" is a bit different, as for our kids are "well i am not going pro for at least 5 years".

TCF has theory's so do the evolutionist , He just makes it up as he goes and I know why , he has a girl who probably has beginner strokes not a Jan Silva by any means or he would post videos , she cant win like DB and his sister did at 8 yrs old dominating age groups ahead, while his daughter cant win 1 match and with all the time and info he post its frustrating for him to be on here so wants to bring everyone else down !!

We need to answer TCF with sensitivity and understanding and we should all be encouraging to him until his daughter can finally post a win in practice or a real match .

So I am asking all posters on my behalf to really be sensitive towards TCF .