View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
corners
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDiego View Post
It's weird cause if you look at the specs of each racquet on TW University (http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/cgi-...quetspecs2.cgi), the 2012 is actually heavier, and has a heavier swingweight. That is also what I got when measuring them at home. And that's the feeling I get when I play with them. I always felt the 2010 was more maneuverable. That's why I still prefer it, by a slight margin.
TWU only tests one frame of each model. If you look around at the specs listed by various online retailers you'll see a massive variation with both the 2010 and 2012 models. I don't survey the specs of many frames like this but I have looked carefully at a couple. The K, BLX and 2012 versions of the 6.1 all have/had huge QC issues. For each of these iterations I've seen swingweights listed in the low 320s and the high 330s. When you're talking about two sticks, one with 322 swingweight and another with 338 swingweight, in my opinion they are not even the same model. I don't know why this continues to be a problem for Wilson, but if I was a 6.1 95 player I wouldn't buy these things unless I a) knew the specs I preferred, and b) asked TW or another retailer to pull two or more frames with those specs from inventory.
corners is offline   Reply With Quote