View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #92
Chace
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad dog1 View Post
I just got back from the Babolat Faster To The Ball event held at the beautiful Nellie Gail Ranch Tennis & Swim Club in the nice upscale city of Laguna Hills. The weather was perfect. Beautiful blue skies, sunny and warm. Babolat and Nellie Gail Ranch Tennis put on a first rate event. I arrived at 12:20 and the event started at 12:30. Registration was a breeze. I stepped up to the sign in table and was handed a name tag holder on a necklace with my nametag and a raffle ticket in the holder as well as a pair of Black/Yellow Propulse 4s w/ my name on the box. More details on the raffle later. I had to quickly slip on the new Propulse 4s as the event was starting.

We were split up into a 6 groups which were based on USTA ratings. I joined the 4.0-4.5 group and we headed off to begin the tennis clinic portion of the day. There were 6 different doubles drills being run on 6 courts. We'd spend ~10 minutes performing a drill and then rotate to the next court for another drill. The final court had some footwork drills involved as well. We started off with the ladder and then moved into a hitting drill where we tried to hit a hand feed through a tire. Then we zigzagged around a slalom course of Michelin tires to test out the outersole traction of the new Propulse 4s exploding from one gate to the next and got back in line to repeat. After the conclusion of the clinic session, we went inside to relax and enjoy some food and libation. They had prepared a bountiful spread of veggies and dip, egg rolls, beef and satay chicken on skewers, chips and salsa and fresh fruit. Beer and water was provided to quench our thirst. Yummy stuff indeed! But the fun wasn't over yet. Remember the raffle ticket I had mentioned earlier? Yeah, the raffle was next and boy, were there some really awesome giveaways!

Raffle Prizes:
  1. Free Babolat Shoes for 1 year
  2. 2 Baseline Box seat tickets for both day and night Friday Semifinal matches at the BNP Paribas Indian Wells tournament
  3. Three 2013 Babolat AeroPro Drive Racquets
  4. Three Babolat Aero Line 12 Pack bags with the Intelligent Strap System.

I usually don't win anything, however I was fortunate enough to win the Free Babolat Shoes for 1 year! WOOHOO!!!

On our way out, each participant was given a Babolat goodie bag that included a nice nylon mesh Babolat cap, sunscreen, lipbalm, Michelin CA road guide, and a canned soft drink cooler.

I did meet the 3 other TW members, Frunk, samprasbackhand and embot. Nice guys. Good to put a face to the usernames! I also met Daniel Becker and Steve Stricker of Babolat. Wonderful folks!

Anyways, this wraps up the play by play recap of today's Babolat Faster To The Ball Propulse 4 Event. It was alot of fun, indeed!

A big thank you goes out to TW and Babolat for selecting me to attend the event and to playtest the new shoes!
Thanks for sharing MD, sounds like a great time.
Chace is offline   Reply With Quote