View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
fundrazer
Professional

Earlier in the week I was invited by some of the 3.5-4.0 clinic regulars to play today. To my surprise and excitement I was also asked yesterday to play with a friend of mine. 2 days of friendly match play in a row! Woohoo!

Yesterday I played a singles match with my friend. He's an older guy but he still moves the ball well and can get me running corner to corner. I played him kinda tough but in the end I made some mistakes and he ended up taking our match 6-3 6-3. I had chances to break early in the first set but wasn't able to capitalize. He ended up going on a storm, dropping hardly any points to take it 6-3. In the 2nd set my game totally went off and I was down 5-1 before fighting back winning 3 consecutive games. My go to play of the 2nd set was the 1-2 punch with the serve and forehand. Hit the wide serve and take the next forehand into the same corner. Was unable to break him again though and he won our match.

Then today I played doubles with some guys from the clinics. We split sets and called it a day after about an hour 45 minutes of play. The first set I played okay but had one bad game serving and that was basically it for the first set. Was frustrating, but I stayed cool and other than that my serve was good today. My partner made the most of it, taking advantage of any ball remotely close to him. A lot of points went boom serve, boom volley, point over. I also returned well despite facing some big serves for the level of play I'm at. Just blocked it back deep crosscourt and played the point out from there. We ended up taking the 2nd set 6-2 or 6-3.

Overall I had a very good weekend of tennis. Played well, had fun, enjoyed myself. Even got a bit of exercise too Couldn't ask for much more.