View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
t135
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodIndoors View Post
I'm afraid that the youngest one, age 4, is also the most gifted one...

He hits against the wall every day...
challenges me and others to play imaginary GS finals all the time...
today practically forced me to buy him a sweatband similar to what Delpo used last week...
have imitated Delpo several days now after seeing him play (big serve and forehand, expressionless)...before that Djoker, before that Fed, before that Nadal...
shows me shadow stroking motions asking confirmation with a smily face "follow tru is supposed to look like this, right?" (propably after overhearing me teaching others)...
Practises serve and also volley and slice backhand against the wall daily...
Pretty fast with his feet after keeping up with older siblings all his life...
good throwing motion...
All round athletic ability, skating, skiing, basketball, soccer
Refuses to lose in anything, cries after losses, blames others for his losses and demands revenge match every time...
Tells me he is going to play in every GS final and wants to know what surface they are played on, then asking where and when he can start practise on grass...
His profession will be Tennis Professional so he says,and the second choice is either basketball or - Rugby.
Wants to have daily discussions why this and that pro player is better than the other...

I have never asked him to play tennis but quite the contrary, he has very often been asked to play soccer or whatever instead (and not disturb), with a promise to hit with him couple of minutes in the end)...he just have picked this whole tennis thing up by himself

He is so into tennis that probably I should be very happy?

Well I am but at the same time, I'm not.

I'm thinking how his older siblings, who also are very competitive, can handle the situation in the following years if it turns out that they are just average but he is something else (it's too early to tell I know...

Help, anyone
Some of this seems a little far fetched for a four year old.