View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #39
pvaudio
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-verb View Post
I used to skip the shot - would get the flu for a week - sicker than hell. I've been getting the shot yearly for the last few years. No flu.

Skip the flu shot. I don't really care. Get sick or not - your choice. Kids and elderly die every year from the flu. Sad because it's likely preventable.

I'm not wasting any more time providing any articles to read. Do what you want.

Kill this stupid thread because the vaccine dissenters will never change.
It's simply congeniality bias and cognitive dissonance which I find quite humorous actually. If you don't want to get a vaccine, then don't get one. No one is forcing you to get a measles, pertussis, mumps, hepatitis, tetanus, or meningitis vaccine either. Spreading an absolute lack of science and mathematics in the form of blogs and opinion articles based on a handful of people isn't proof of anything. It's just justifying what you want to be assured of: that since you haven't gotten the flu OR you once got sick having gotten the vaccine anyway that you shouldn't get or or don't need it. The fact that something may not work is not the same as the fact that it does not work. If that's the case, no one would ever get antibiotics which aren't close to 100% effective. And yet, when you get a Z-pack which makes you feel better, you don't hear anything to the contrary. The evidence only points in one way and it is toward prevention. It always has.
pvaudio is offline   Reply With Quote