Thread: The Donald
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #973
gavna
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford T Justice View Post
Yes.....he has made $1,396,941 so far in tournament winnings, so its not as though hes been woefully unsuccessful. But, Im guessing thats still small peanuts compared to what he would like to have achieved by now. Having been a pro since 2004 according to his ATP bio, that means hes averaging ~$175k/yr, which after expenses, is probably not exactly living high off the hog, but not a bad living either.

I think many folks feel he has the talent though to have earned several multiples of that. I am no expert at talent evaluation, but seeing him in person its obvious hes got big time wheels, is very athletic, and does have some big shots. His serve has a "quick release" vibe to it, which at least to me, almost has a Roscoe Tanner look with it seeming as though his striking the ball on its way up.
If your on tour and making a GROSS of $175k I hate to tell you is terrible..........after travel and taxes and fees and expenses....etc he is lucky if he brings home 30% of that.

Even on the cheap staying in Europe for the spring summer circuit from late May thru end of Wimby going to cost you easy 7k month.
gavna is offline   Reply With Quote