Thread: Mick Diary
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #21
Mick3391
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT View Post
Feeling better, stronger each day, thanks. Hope you're feeling as well as possible.

There will be plenty more times that you will have video and pictures of. The most important thing is that you actually do spend time with your son. No substitute for that. From what I've learned of you so far I'll bet you're a pretty darned good dad. Just don't get too proud of, or ambitious for, him. We all need a certain freedom (within a nicely structured environment that it sounds like you're engineering for him).

Anyway, this diary thing is a cool idea, imo. I'm sure many TalkTennis posters will be tracking it, as I will.

I'm anxious to see some vids of your talented son in action, but even more I would like to see some vids of your play. So, get a frickin camera and start recording for chrisakes. (If you need any tips just email me.)

Also, if you're ever in my area then you'd better contact me so we can at least hit, maybe even play a set or two. The old man might just slip a few shots past ya. (I'll furnish the court, balls, nutritional drinks, and comic relief. Just bring your A game, because you might need it if I'm back to full strength. )
Mick has complete freedom, I only introduced him to Tennis and let him know what could possibly be possible if he trains. He wants to play more than I do. When we train I do push him as he wants to learn. I wish my dad taught me, told me I could play USTA tourneys.

Play you? Here's what would happen when we play;

"Mick serves and Tom starts to retreat, if he keeps this up he’ll be in a ringside seat, Mick hits from the left, hits from the right, Tom is scared and full of fright. Mick hits deep, then makes a lob, if he keeps this up Tom will look like a slob, Mick hits a hard cross court that is oh so cool, until Tom counters to win match point to make Mick look like a fool".