View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #88
tudwell
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
The OP though seems to be implying even considering whole careers he will go down as the greatest and best of these 4 if all retire now. This is not true. Del Potro`s slam title clearly puts him above Ferrer. Someone like Murray had a strong case to be over Del Potro (and for me was already) even before he won his 1st slam, but not Ferrer. It is iffy at best if Ferrer should even be considered better overall than Berdych or Tsonga when both guys reached a slam final and in general have bigger wins than he does, and all 3 have only 1 Masters, and all reached the top 5 but none the top 3 as far as rankings go I believe. That Ferrer is the best of those players right now, doesnt mean he is overall the best of them. He definitely isnt, and might still be the weakest of them overall at this point.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Del Potro win more overall titles than Ferrer. He's at 14 and he's only 24, while Ferrer has six more and is six years older. It remains to be seen if he'll win another slam, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least win a Masters.
tudwell is offline   Reply With Quote