Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #22
gmatheis
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
2013 USTA League Regulations

http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/2...inal_draft.pdf

Page 17

2.04 NTRP DYNAMIC DISQUALIFICATION AND REVIEW PROCEDURES.
2.04A Applicability. The Regulations in this section are applicable only to the USTA League Adult Division.
2.04B NTRP Dynamic Disqualification Procedures. Dynamic ratings will be calculated for all Adult Division players during local league competition and at every level of championship competition below National Championships to determine if any players have reached the NTRP Dynamic Disqualification criteria stated in the USTA NTRP Computer Rating System Procedures. Players subject to NTRP Dynamic Disqualification, as described in the NTRP Dynamic Disqualification Table – inside back cover, will be dynamically disqualified if they reach the disqualification level three times based on all matches except retirements received. An NTRP dynamically disqualified player becomes a benchmark.
Thanks for the link ... you are absolutely right as to what it says ... I'm very confused. The rule does not appear to be new, as it is not in red or mentioned at the beginning under major changes either.

Confused for 2 reasons:
#1 - Like I said I was DQ'd and was still a "S"elf rate at the higher level after my DQ.
#2 - That seems like a loophole ... self rate as a 2.5, get DQ'd to 3.0 or even 3.5 when in truth you're a solid 4.5 and now you're a benchmark ... seems very exploitable to me.