Thread: 4.5C rating
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #28
gmatheis
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
Actually the language was there in the 2012 League Regulations, but it was in a different section. See http://assets.usta.com/assets/646/15...0Regs_2012.pdf page 16 where it optionally can be applied at sectional and below championships:

2.04B(2)b Run dynamic calculations following the conclusion of the championship and disqualify those players that meet the criteria for NTRP Dynamic Disqualification. An NTRP dynamically disqualified player will be notified by the Section League Coordinator or designee and have the right to a review in accordance with procedures in Reg. 2.04C NTRP Dynamic Disqualification Review Procedures. An NTRP dynamically disqualified player becomes a benchmark.

For 2013, it is apparently being applied uniformly in all cases of dynamic disqualification.
ok, I think I figured out the meaning of 2012 rules ... that is under the championship section, so it only applies to someone who is DQ'd at a championship.

I can only guess that 2013 is a bad cut and paste when some Einstein updated the rules.