View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #348
corners
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeler View Post
It would be nice to see FULL reviews from RSI rather than snippets.
As I see it, the value of the RSI playtests is that A) they are blind, and B) there are a lot of playtesters involved. So even though we only get what amounts of soundbite evaluations from each playtester, we get a broader picture of how the string played for a variety of players at various levels who usually use a variety of different strings.

That said, I think you're right - RSI should published a more complete evaluation from each player. They go through all the trouble to string it up and play with it for 10-40 hours, they may as well do a more complete write-up. And since RSI isn't paying anyone else to do this - the playtests are done by in-house staff, I believe - it shouldn't cost much more to include an extra page of playtester comments. Maybe for the print edition there would be a financial obstacle, but they could always expand the player evaluation section in the online editions.

Anyway, big thanks to Torres for giving ZX a good run. I was initially encouraged by his reports, then slightly discouraged by this "going dead" business. But I'll still try it in the Spring, and still think it might be a good fit for me as a cross with gut mains. I'm thinking of putting the 17g Pro version head to head against Mosquito Bite and Gosen Polymaster II, all three as crosses with gut mains.
corners is online now   Reply With Quote