View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecon View Post
I'm really confused as to why Murray took so much time off between the AO and IW. Wouldn't a little match play be helpful? He's going to be rusty heading into the US HC swing. He won't make it to #1 by skipping tournaments and forfeiting points that he should be defending.
Officially, he gave the reason that he wants to be as fit as possible for the 2 back-to-back HC Masters where's he had such patchy results in the last 3 years. He's determined to be a bit more consistent in them than he has shown during that time. However, I too am a bit surprised he didn't defend his finalist points in Dubai. As you say, he's going to be a bit match-rusty going into IW. IMO the foot injury he picked up at the AO final was probably a bit more serious then he let on. Either that or there have been other fitness concerns. Either way, I think the real reason is that he has needed all this time off to get his physical fitness back to as near-peak condition as possible. No doubt, we'll soon see if it has worked.

Last edited by Mainad : 03-03-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Mainad is offline   Reply With Quote